Safe Travels with NYC Ferry
What To Know Before You Go
At NYC Ferry, the safety of our riders and crew is of the utmost importance. It is our objective to provide New Yorkers with a safe way to travel through the waterways of New York City. Our face-covering policy, safety-guidelines, and enhanced safety measures detailed below are designed to keep each other safe. We’re all in this together – let’s keep each other safe.
FACE-COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED TO BOARD & RIDE NYC FERRY
Federal guidelines require that you must wear a mask when riding public transportation – and this is no exception with NYC Ferry. Masks are required to board and throughout the duration of your ride except for brief periods while eating, drinking, or taking oral medications. While indoors, prolonged periods of mask removal are not permitted for eating or drinking – masks must be worn between bites and sips.
Those riders under the age of 2 years are not required to wear a face-covering. Those riders with a medical condition that excludes them from wearing a mask must apply 6ft between themselves and other riders while onboard NYC Ferry.
- Wear your mask at all times
- Maintain 6′ social distance between yourself and other riders.
- Avoid touching your face
- Wash your hands frequently. We have hand sanitizer stations located on the main deck of all NYC Ferry boats
ENHANCED SAFETY MEASURES
During this time, NYC Ferry has enhanced our safety procedures to protect our riders and crew.
These enhanced measures include:
- Daily temperature checks of our crew
- Personal Protective Equipment provided to NYC Ferry crew members
- Social distancing boarding and riding procedures
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers located on the deck of all NYC Ferry boats
- Contactless boarding with the NYC Ferry App
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch areas throughout the day
- NYC Ferry App for contactless ticket transactions and boarding
ENJOY A CONTACTLESS RIDE WITH THE NYC FERRY APP
We’ve recently launched a new NYC Ferry APP to provide you with enhanced features to make your ride a smooth one.
With the NYC Ferry App, you can:
- Purchase and store NYC Ferry Tickets
- Enjoy contactless boarding
- Plan your trip
- Receive real-time notifications and alerts
- Track your ferry in real-time
For a contactless ride, download the NYC Ferry App.
Free Covid-19 testing is now available in New York City at more than 100 locations across the city. Please visit (https://www1.nyc.gov/site/coronavirus/get-tested/covid-19-testing.page) for more information.